Blog

Blog

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Thanks Florence...


Over the past few weeks I don’t think I’ve really gotten to sit down and take a breath, let alone sleep or take in all the magic and speed bumps that keep happening around me. I have had the utmost pleasure and pulling out my hair situations with people who continuously are entering and exiting the revolving door known as My Life.


This is a gift, it comes with a price, who is the love and who is the knife?!

Florence & The Machine  (click to view music video)


(click for official webpage)


I find this set of lyrics to be dead on. Two weeks ago I heard them and couldn’t get enough of this Indie-rific band. She’s been on repeat both in my car, my computer and in my head! A mixture of Kate Nash and Feist making for one awesome singer and cd.

Anyway, I know I keep saying this and I probably will continue to, I want to do something great in life, do something, anything besides the norm or mundane I want to look back or have people stop and say “WOW” and I know to have that, I will have to go through things that aren’t always going to be easy (then again nothing is) but what I really mean is situations and people. I know that with everything I want to do there are going to be plenty of opportunities to be taken advantage of and have myself get screwed over… This I know because it has happened is happening and will most likely happen till the dinosaurs come back from extinction and eat all the hot mess people that make us want to burn bridges!

Now why is this even relevant, well like I’ve said I’ve been running like seconds don’t exist, I’ve been shooting photos like my life depends on it and yet I seem to be in a mist. The days are all combined together which is why I haven’t even gotten to post simple little pleasures of my life… things that excite me, motivate me and inspire me. As of last weekend I had accumulated over 3700 photos for 2 weeks worth of shooting. I feel a bit behind and am slowly starting to catch up. But in the since of it all I know this is what life is, this is going to be the “normal” go around if not more fused together and fast paced.

So, don’t get me wrong, I’m happy and excited life is happening the way it is even with the crazy curve balls it like to throw which is just another reason, I know I’m in for a ride because anything worth doing is not easy and questioning yourself happens more than we want to admit.


“The Dog Day’s are over.” 

Florence & The Machine  (click for Music video)


No comments:

Post a Comment