Blog

Blog

Friday, August 27, 2010

The Power of Life


Whenever someone close to me moves on or takes their last breath I look back on Peter Pan. Funny, maybe but what he said will stick with me forever.

 

“Never say goodbye, 

because goodbye means going away 

and going away means forgetting.”

 



Early Wed. morning the world lost an amazing soul. It’s crazy to think about people and how things can happen in a blink of an eye. A family man, a happy man, taken and for what?!

Durand R. left this earth but his spirit and grace will shine on. Once word spread of what happened the community pulled together and getting to witness this was somewhat majestic. You could tell that he was loved and that he will be missed.



Every time I saw him, he was open armed with a smile on his face and a hug to follow. You could tell he gave his whole heart and wanted nothing but the best for the people around him.

You could tell this because on Wed night not only the Traxx community but the community in general showed up to ER Lounge to pay respect and to have a drink to celebrate his life. Seeing that made me want to live life to the fullest, to reach out when possible and to love whenever the opportunity arises, in hopes that when my time comes I can have half the support that Durand has/had.



To the meaning of life…




No comments:

Post a Comment