Blog

Blog

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What happens when you fall in love with a writer?

Better yet what happens if a writer/artist falls in love with you?!


As a kid most of us grow up watching Disney along with other movies/tv shows and read stories of true love, Princes and Princesses, the dork and the pretty one. I know, I for one have dreamt about finding my fairytale, hell, I have lived fairytales... only they didn’t end happily ever after... but I did get glimpses.

Yesterday as I was scrolling through my fb feed, I ran into a post that read: What happens when you fall in love with a writer. I read it and my wheels started turning for half the things talked about, I in fact do towards the lovely ladies that I have fallen for. I love making breakfast in bed wether it’s 8am, 7pm or 3am if you and I are hungry, I will cook. I like sex at anytime of the day and getting lost in their eyes, I wear my heart on my sleeve, I like sharing, I like adventures, I like exciting the one I am sharing my time and life with.

The truth is I have fallen in love a number of times (as well as have been hurt) the way it makes you feel is worth the good and the bad, it’s unlike anything other, your heart races, blood rushes through your body making your face turn red and your ears feel like they want to burn off, how it suddenly becomes hard to breath when you see them, how you get tingly and how when you make eye contact you turn away even though you could secretly stare at them till you fell asleep. Each time you fall in love it’s a different set of feelings, for you cannot love someone the same. Each person is a new start and together you can do and create anything. As a writer and artist I want to create a world that someone might have thought of but never thought existed.

I grew up in a house where my mother was treated like she was the only thing in the world that mattered. That not only my brother and I needed to respect but that my father would do anything and everything to make her happy, never raising a hand and always backing down when knowing she wasn’t. My dad said you treat the one you want to be with the best that you can, stand up when you need to but always show love even if you’re angry or hurt. And that’s what I want. I want to find and fall in love with my best friend. I want to sit for hours laughing, talking, not talking but enjoying each other... I want to get lost, get lost from time, lost from the world and find a world in them.

I’m an artist, I’m a writer, I am a creative soul. I have bursts of greatness in which I try and take your romantic dreams as well as mine and make realities. Where we set off balloons into the sky, light fireworks in a field, build forts and make hats, talk in funny little accents and dance down grocery store aisles, find a random fair and ride the best ride, eat amazing food over candles and make up stories that haven’t been told before. I like to sweep pretty girls off their feet and make them feel like they are the only one in my world. I like to have the rush of them making that moment the only moment one worth living right then.

I am in search for my love story and honestly, I know I cant plan it all out for what I want and what I don’t know exists, is a big factor. Plus having expectations can ruin the spark of a random love affair. And getting to know the real person behind the made up vision in your mind. So here’s to life, love and finding... May each of us continue forward and find what makes us happy and hopefully it will take you on your own fairytale even if it's only momentary.

"If a writer falls in love with you, you can never die."

3 comments:

  1. I love it! :) you have a BEAUTIFUL soul, LoHo! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If a writer falls in love with you, you can never die." Truer words were never spoken. This post just slapped me in the face and made me realize why I feel love and loss to the extreme degrees I do. I'm an artist, I'm a writer, I am a creative soul. Because of this, regular people are drawn to me for a short period of time but soon seek the normalcy of their own kind while other artists inevitably find our relationships become competitive exercises in the romantic. It seems perhaps my efforts would be better suited living my exploits on the page, immortalizing the unrequited desires of my mind and providing rosier imagery to the burned out past loves of my life. By the way, you have a new fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find your statement to be true! Thank you for your words and yes, I have a whole theory behind our artist ways making me believe I am the real life Peter Pan... I will one day have to write it out, but till then thank you for following and know that as artists no one can beat us because we just create something else when everything else falls apart!

      Delete